Thursday, February 22, 2007

That Mysterious Place

Oliver is just about 4 months old. He just had a check-up this morning and is by all accounts a happy healthy baby. In fact, he was all smiles and giggles until his vaccinations, and he returned to a good mood shortly after those.

I thought I'd go into some physical detail about the back of his head – an area he will rarely see for himself, and then only with the help of hair stylists and paparazzi photos.

A: Blond hair coming in! Both Jenny and I were blond babies and the doctor agrees that Oliver seems to be shaping up to be a Blondie too. At least while he's young.

B: "Stork Bites"
or vascular birth marks. I've read that those on the back of the neck may not go away with age, but they're usually covered with hair. Maybe Oliver will decide to shave his head some day and show these off.

C: The Tail. This little patch of hair was originally a bit longer than the rest and it has grown the most as he's gotten older. With a little time and effort, this could be a great little mullet.

D: The Bald Spot. This is from laying against the car seat, sleeping, or lying on his play mat. Now that he is holding up his head and developing the strength to sit up on his own, this should disappear. If it doesn't, we'll just have to work on a life-long "comb up" technique to use that tail below for additional cover.

E: The "Faux Hawk". He woke up with this one morning and we thought it was funny. Now I can't help but encourage the look with a little spit and finger combing.
-Keith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Oliver! I love your new "do" and your Daddy's description. I miss you so much. I see you are sitting up now and seeing that cute little belly of yours makes me want to kiss it. If you get any more adorable I will have to risk the Amber Alert and come get you. I miss your giggles and am very glad that your Daddy has posted a video of you and Mommy laughing for all of us to enjoy. Ask Mommy and Daddy if you can hop a plane to California to see Grandma Mimi and Grandpa David....er...perhaps after you stop nursing??? Love you so very much. Grandma Mimi

Anonymous said...

Happy 4-month Birthday Oliver. I can't believe how fast time has gone by since the last time I saw you. I am missing out on so much of what you are learning to do every day and enjoying your beautiful self. You are so precious to me. Remember that always. Love you so much. Grandma Mimi