Sunday, April 06, 2008

Children's Museum Again

This last week has been one of colds (all of us) with Oliver developing a fever that blossomed into a nice ear infection. We just spent the morning at the hospital getting a bunch of medications. We've been through this before. Not fun.

So instead, I'll relate the much happier events of last weekend, when Oliver and I went to the Children's Museum. It was his second time there (Jenny took him there a couple months ago). She warned me that the splashing pool right in the center would tempt Oliver, and she was right. He had to splash in it every time we passed by, which must have been a dozen times. He sleeves were soon soaked.

Behind the splashing pool was a full-sized water works, where kids put on waterproof smocks and get slightly wet in all kinds of water-oriented displays (yes, I put on Oliver's smock backwards). By the time we finished, his face and hair were dripping wet.

The last picture is after 3 hours of play. I noticed that he'd been pushed around a bit by older kids who didn't let him spend as much time as he wanted at a particular activity. By the time we reached the school bus, Oliver muscled his way to the driver's seat and gave a firm "NO!" to the other kids who wanted to sit there. His bossy bus driver attitude made a little girl cry. That's when I knew it was time to go home.


-Keith

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oliver, the Children's Museum looks like a fun place to be; next time we come up we will have to go with you so that you can show us all the fun stuff. Don't worry about making that little girl cry; she needs to "buck up". We are thinking about making a trip up on April 25th and spending the weekend. What do ya think? Perhaps you could show me a really nice nursery where I might find some new plants. Thank you for the very pretty green leaf you made for me for my birthday. I LOVE IT. I love you too. XXX000 Grandma Mimi