Friday, August 08, 2008

Eating Outside


Here is Oliver, snacking on a fresh cucumber (he was just supposed to take it inside). The cucumbers have done OK in our small potted garden out front. The squash, which usually become fruit producing monsters by this point, haven't done as well. I think next year we'll give them more room to breath.

I think a better title for this post would be "Eating out" because we're doing a lot of that these days. We're in the middle or remodeling our kitchen. All the old cabinets are out (see them out in the front yard behind Oliver? Classy, huh?) and as soon as I'm done with this post, I'm going remove the old plumbing lines and put in some new copper pipe. Right now, the delivery time frame for our new cabinets is unclear, but we're assuming the install could start next week, so I need to keep busy!



Going without a kitchen is tough. Here is our temporary cooking area, formerly the dining room, with a tiny dorm fridge and butane cooking stove. I'm tempted to unwrap our new fridge in the corner, just to have more room for food, but for now it will have to wait.


Here is where I mounted our old cast-iron sink over the bathtub for a dishwashing station. Yes, we do a lot of walking between the dining room and the bathroom.

Getting the kitchen finished will take some time, so I'll post the "after" pictures when all is done. I also need to post the "after" pictures of the garage project, but it will be winter before I've completed the interior.
-Keith

3 comments:

dwip99 said...

The bath tub sink is fantastic. You should market that

Anonymous said...

What a project. It is going to be beautiful when you are finished. Oliver you seem to be taking it all in stride; learning lots of new things. Mimi's cucumbers are not doing well at all. Perhaps you should come help me with my gardening next year. I miss you and hope to see you soon. We have some things to do this month but we will be up before Grandpa David has his next knee replacement surgery. LOVE you bunches. Grandma Mimi XXXX0000

Autumn and Dan's family said...

So, I heard about the set up in the bath, but wow! I hope to see the finished product. We love our visits from Oliver...