Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Reading Material


We bought books to encourage toilet training and some more books to introduce the new sibling concept.

PAYOFF 1:

May Oliver someday forgive me for posting this picture, but I can’t help but share the good news! We’re not all the way there yet (far from it!), but the concept has been planted and the reward (an M&M for any “deposits”) is motivating.

PAYOFF 2:
Yesterday my parents took Oliver to a toy store at the mall. Oliver picked up a pink doll set and said he wanted it. Please forgive my dad for pushing the gender stereotyping with regard to toys, but this is the conversation that followed:

OLIVER: I want this!

DAD: Oliver, that's a girl toy.

OLIVER: Girl toy?

DAD: You don't want a girl toy, do you?

OLIVER: No, it’s for my sister!


Sweet? Or just learning to game the system?

And finally, here’s a song:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oliver, you are growing up so fast. Everyone loves the video of you singing Baa Baa Black Sheep and think you have such a good singing voice. I cannot sing at all and some have even told me that I whistle and hum off key so I am so proud that you are so bright and such a good singer too. I love you so very, very much. XXX000 Grandma Mimi