Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Catching Up


One of the reasons we started this Blog was to keep family and friends updated on Oliver's progress. I finally have a few moments to catch everyone up on how Oliver is doing.

We left the hospital on October 31st and Oliver weighed 7lbs 6 oz. That Friday, we met with the lactation consultant who informed us that Oliver was already back up to 7lbs 11.5oz. Most babies take two weeks to regain the weight the lose after birth but Oliver was already back up. The consultant checked his sucking reflex and commented that he was like a snapping turtle. I couldn't have agreed with her more.

Last Friday was Oliver's two week check up with the pediatrician. He weighed 7lbs 12.5 oz and had grown one inch. He was very good throughout the check up until the end when he decided he was hungry. I was a little intimidated as I had never nursed him outside the house without all of my pillows. I am happy to report that we were successful! Oliver got his meal and I got a bit of a confidence boost. -Jenny

No comments: