Wednesday, June 10, 2009

“Hi Cutie!”

At Zaeda’s 6 day Mother and Baby appointment, we were pleased to learn that she was back to her birth weight and a smidgen more. We went to her two week appointment yesterday and she is up to 6 lbs 12 oz. The pediatrician reported that she was doing great. During our relatively short visit, Zaeda proceeded to show the pediatrician that what goes in must come out from either end. The doctor cleaned her up no less than two times. Miss Zaeda has a strong neck and during tummy time can move her head from side to side. I did notice that she always seemed fussy during her waking hours but this morning marked a welcome change. She had 30 minutes of just looking around or looking at me without much of a fuss. She is starting to focus on faces and as Keith mentioned in the last post, we are eager to see some social smiling.

Oliver continues to adore his sister. He gives her lots of kisses and strokes her head. He is very gentle with her. Last night as I was burping Zaeda, Oliver came up and in a high pitch voice said, “Hi Cutie!” over and over. It was very sweet. He can be considerate when playing his instruments around Zaeda. The other day I asked him to be a bit quieter when playing his harmonica so he told me he would play a quiet song from Zaeda. I really didn’t believe that he would but he very lightly blew into his harmonica and played a little song. Zaeda isn’t a fan of her car seat or car rides and she howls most of the time. Oliver takes her wailing in stride and either just sits there silently or starts singing. It certainly helps my nerves while I’m trying to navigate downtown Portland traffic at rush hour that my little guy is so patient with his little sister.

















1 comment:

Autumn and Dan's family said...

Hello. I know it is last minute, but could I bring a meal and a little something over this afternoon? Maybe when Oliver is home too? If it doesn't work today...maybe tomorrow? I'll see you soon! My email if you want...alapour@hotmail.com.
Autumn